Thursday, June 3, 2010

strike a pose

Chiang Saen is a city littered with ancient ruins, just south of the Golden Triangle.

I am a horrible person because I don't remember the names of these temples.

But here's a chedi. I remember that it's from the fifteenth century.
DSCF2933

...in a residential neighborhood.
DSCF2937

My guide, Sun, showed off his mango-slaying skills
DSCF2939

And... there was a time in my life when I posed like the girl in the Absinthe Robette poster whenever someone brandished a camera. Don't judge me.
DSCF2940

Two mangoes!
DSCF2941

(I'm impressed with Sun's energy, as well as his mango-slaying. By this time we had visited...everything I blogged about this week.)

And this is at Wat Chedi Luang in Chiang Saen. This one was built between the 12th and 14th centuries.
DSCF2948

No comments:

Post a Comment