Tuesday, June 29, 2010

everywhere a sign

Having had enough confusion over prepositions, I left Railay for the mainland, and stayed three nights in Krabi, on Ao Nang beach.

DSCF3384

It's a fairly empty beach, most of the time. The strip of road along the beach has guesthouses and massage places and delicious cheap food. (Actually most of my delicious cheap meals were from the same place where I had my laundry done--which also offers manicures, massages, hair cuts and bus tickets.)

But there's also this questionable bit of advertising:
DSCF3385

And because it's silly to present one sign, I'll give you three, though the others come from Ko Phi-Phi:

DSCF3406
Cutesy, serious, cutesy. Ko Phi Phi was devastated by the tsunami in 2004, and most of the islands and beaches on the Andaman sea in Thailand have clear evacuation routes.

DSCF3403

No comments:

Post a Comment