Tuesday, May 25, 2010

velvet darkness

Not more pictures of a river and mountains? Just one, to show a boat similar to the slow boat that I was on when I took the picture.

It's a very long, narrow thing with two rows of chairs facing forward. There were seven passengers on ours, which meant that the captain had to sit to one side so the boat didn't tilt too much.

DSCF2789

It was an hour and a half ride, give or take, until I saw this:

DSCF2803

Inside the cave are thousands of Buddha statues.

DSCF2807

And...crap, I lied. More river and mountain. But this time it's from a cave!

DSCF2815

Pak Ou has two caves, and the other one is up a long set of steps. The upper cave has this beautiful gate at the front

DSCF2819

And a darkness at the back that rendered my camera useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment