Friday, May 14, 2010

relax and float downstream

After the caving adventure, I kayaked about 10km back to town. The scenery was beautiful.

DSCF2656

Now Vang Vieng is something I read about before I came to Southeast Asia in the first place. I learned that it's a backpacker town, where the main entertainments are watching The Simpsons and Friends all day, or tubing down the river from bar to bar getting drunk. It sounds horrible, and I had to see it. Of course, the scenery is fabulous and it's really nice and peaceful during the day if you're sick, which I am. But after 7 or so kilometers of pristine karst topography and baby goats and people playing in the river, this cacophony swells and we go around a bend to see BARS BARS BARS! And slides and swings and holy hell so much clashing music! At one in the afternoon!

DSCF2664

And then back to the pretty.

DSCF2667

DSCF2669

No comments:

Post a Comment