Monday, May 10, 2010

There's a swingin' town I know

Annie showed Ryan and I her fabulous house, which is really fabulous.

DSCF2527

Then we went to dinner at a restaurant on the Mekong. That's Thailand over there!

DSCF2530

Everything exists in Lao and French, though I speak more Thai here because it's difficult to remember that I'm not in Thailand.

DSCF2538

In the morning I had a baguette and tea on a sidewalk cafe in Vientiane, like you do. I will admit that moments like this are just for the postcard-perfectness of it. Later that night I had Pastis not because I particularly like Pastis, but because this was a French colony and French people are supposed to drink Pastis. This doesn't make me a horrible person, does it? I actually like bread.

DSCF2531
(Also visible are my awesome gold $3 Ray-Bans.)

The streets are so pretty and open and wide here. It's very laid back for a capital city.

DSCF2539

And very hot. It feels hotter than Ban Phe and that cool ocean breeze. From about 11 until 5 there is a lot of fan-worship after any little bit of exertion. This is as it should be, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment