Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yellow is the color of my true love's hair.

After the success of Annie's new color, Autumn and I thought it would be brilliant to highlight one another's hair, so we ventured to the beauty supply store for highlighting stuff ($1.50) and set to work one morning before work.

I wish I had pictures of the great blondeness that was the front of both of our heads. Autumn had thick, white-blonde streaks. I had a Bonnie Raitt thing going on. We each overdid it a little bit, and the next day, we each tried to correct the color by dying over it. I chose strawberry blonde. I don't have a picture of my result in daylight, but here's a nighttime pic that gets the point across, from Ko Samet last weekend.

37
(Yes, that is my Ko Samet uniform.)

I'm happy with the result. The strawberry blonde darkened my highlights and didn't lighten the rest of my hair too much. The highlighted part is getting kind of peachy as it fades, but we'll see.

Now Autumn is not a redhead. She chose a dark nutty brown color to dye over her highlights, but her result was very similar to mine and her bangs were pretty pink the first day. Luckily, it's faded to a lighter warm brown as the days went on. I don't think I'll dye my hair in Asia again.

No comments:

Post a Comment