Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ain't there one damn song

I didn't finish work until just before 9:00. I assigned myself the mission to go to the little shop and get some soy milk, but I recognized the looming temptation to walk down to Oliver's instead.

As I left the building, I saw Tim's silhouette returning from Oliver's, so I walked down to meet him and we talked a little and I decided to head down there, at least long enough to pass along a Hello from Celine.

It was a good decision. There were some cool people, some bad jokes, and I sat through the entirity of The Wall album (and giggled through drunk people describing the film to one another) and then... and then there was surprise karaoke!

08

At first it was just me and Annie (my boss...ish...person) and Pete (how can I describe Pete?)

06

Soon other people came too, including Oliver himself which is a thrill.

13

We chose a little karaoke place between Oliver's and the school, where the English song selection is limited to a hip-hop remix of "Zombie," which I sang. I was reminded that Annie can actually sing.

07

And that Pete can make some glorious death metal growls. It was a fantastic, unexpected evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment