Friday, February 11, 2011

elephants go by

Thai3

I never spent much time in Bangkok when I lived in Thailand. On this trip I decided to see some touristy things I hadn't seen before, and the Erawan Museum was first on the list.

It's a museum inside of a giant three-headed elephant.

This is obviously not my picture, but the detail of the elephant was lost in mine because they were so backlit.
Erawan Museum, 3 Headed Elephant, Samut Prakan, Thailand

There are three levels to the museum, the Naga level on the bottom which has lots of pottery, the middle, human level (in the base under the elephant) which has art from around the world, and the top Buddha level inside the elephant which looks like this:
Thai4

The grounds around the elephant are also beautiful, and had sculptures of mythological creatures.
Thai5

Thai6

No comments:

Post a Comment