Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Riders on the storm

After the Songkran festivities, I didn't bother changing out of my wet clothes to go to the ferry dock, since I got soaked again on the way there. I did wrap my clothes in plastic bags before putting them in my backpack. On the ferry ride over, I saw ominous clouds gathering above the island. And then this!

10

My friend Laura had a much better vantage point from the beach, where she says that the waterspout actually picked up some beach chairs a couple of beaches down.

As we approached the island, it started to rain and I was glad that I was wearing my already-wet clothes. It poured as I walked through the town.

The next day, Autumn, Bert and I took a songthaew down to a beach about halfway down the island where Autumn had gotten a great massage before. Unfortunately, the massage place was closed for the Songkran holiday, but we watched as another storm brewed.

19

The storm passed over the island, leaving the water angry and gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment