Sunday, September 27, 2009

I am in Korea!

I spent 11 and a half hours in the sky, and the sun never went down on Saturday--it just kept on shining into Sunday as I tried and failed to fall asleep on the plane. I was excited when I opened my vegetarian meal and saw rice and broccoli and yellow curry. Curried what, I wondered. It looks like rice but it's next to rice. It was curry sauce on a garden burger. Yum!

I had trouble figuring out where to go when I got off the plane since I knew Asiana had made a hotel reservation for me, but I didn't know where to get the information. Angel was an angel though and met me at the airport and made me happy on the bus to my hotel (which is, by the way, the fanciest hotel room I've ever visited. It has heated toilet seats and lots of other toilet buttons which I have not pressed.) We walked around a bit in the area around my hotel, which is very busy and musical and bright for being 10 at night.

My ears still need to pop and I'm very tired now, so I'll leave you with a picture of me. Unwashed, sleep-deprived, but in Korea.



Tomorrow night I leave for Bangkok!

No comments:

Post a Comment